Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Texas





2009-Cook, Shawna, Mary and Myself all decided to go visit Grandma down in Texas this year. We flew out on February 27th and returned to Minnesota on March 3rd. Grandma knew Cook and Shawna were coming but my mom and I had to fly on a different flight so we decided to surprise her. Gary and Carol were nice enough to pick us up at the airport and take us to a restaurant called "Logans" so we could meet grandma, cook and shawna there. After the surprise took place we decided that we might not do that to her anymore as she was so shocked she could barely stand up and it took her about an hour to say more than one word at a time (love you grandma)!! We had a good time practicing "retirement" in her park. It was a pretty relaxed and low key trip with lots and lots of laughs. Memories I will cherish.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

What a neat post. I just love seeing you all together! I can just see your Grandma being super surprised! Looked like beautiful weather. You're right, memories you will always cherish.

Kathy Koch said...

How fun for you guys and especially for Marilyn

Looks like beautiful weather and good times I am glad it all worked out for all of you to go.