While growing up in the Lensing Household it was always a big joke because I was always called "TamBeck" and my sister Tammy would always get called "BeckTam". I used to laugh at my mom because she was constantly calling us the wrong name....and then correcting herself. I mean really, we were her kids shouldn't she be able to get our names right??????
More often than not lately, I find myself talking to my own children in the same manor......"Ad-Ry, get your shoes on its time to go!" Or "Ry-Addi, get over her and finish your supper!" I tried to deny it for a while.....but I guess we really do end up eventually sounding like our mother. Sorry, mom......I totally get it now............and Rylie and Addisyn......you will be the same way some day........See what you have to look forward to??? ha!
3 comments:
At least yours are both girls. I do the same thing with my kids but I call Noah, "Kenna" and Kenna gets called "Nick". Strange how the mind works or I guess doesn't work;)
I always look at the girls when I am stressed and say,,, which one are you again? Ha Ha
That's too funny... My Dad was terrible with that and still does it. He would go through all 4 of our names before getting it right. I have caught myself doing that with the boys too.
Post a Comment