
Not sure how many of you have seen the movie the "Bucket List" but even before I watched the movie I found it neccessary to make my own list of things I want to do someday before I kick the bucket! I've always been envious of people who could run marathons and accomplish such a time consuming task. In the back of my mind I always thought it would be fun to try. A good friend of mine from Mankato recently ran her first full marathon and I felt like I couldn't stop asking her questions about it. After talking she asked me if I wanted to do a run with her this summer and I said yes, what do I do first? So......I started running........My goal this summer was to run a 10k at some point but thought I better start out slow. I ran my first 5k (3.1 miles) in July with a time of 31.33. My next task ended up being an 8k (4.96 miles) that I ran in September with a time of 51.53 and FINALLY this last weekend I ran my first 10k (6.2 miles) with a time of 1 hour 9 minutes. The time was not as good as I had hoped but mainly I wanted to actually run the entire time and complete the run. I ended up coming in 202 out of 242. I'm told I did good for my "first time" so now all I can do is try and improve I guess. I've decided that my body isn't made for full marathons, however I think a 1/2 marathon could be in my future........another task to put on the old bucket list.
5 comments:
Good for you! I love running, It does make you feel great after a run! I'm afraid I haven't been as dedicated as you though! That is awesome Becky! P.S. I loved the movie the Bucket List!
That's awesome. I love running and I can't wait to be able to get back into it. I think I would love to try a triatholon - as I like biking and swimming too. Keep working hard as you will probably surprise yourself some day.
Good Job Becky WOW I love to walk and that is about as much as I ever hope to accomplish. But I am very proud of you for setting these goals for yourself and fulfilling them. Not a lot of people can say that. Good for you.
Congrats Becky....you know we are all proud of you for working so hard to achieve your goals....Wish I had more will power to keep at it like you....great job on the
10k, running that far in just over an hour is not an easy task!!
Becky.. that is awesome! I truly I wish I had the motivation and will power to run.. I just don't.. Biking and swimming are more up my league; however in a triatholon the running is still a hurdle.. Maybe someday.. I am proud of you and know with your mindset and will power you will accomplish that 1/2 marathon and maybe even a full! Keep it up!
Post a Comment